Saturday, November 01, 2008

Before the Sun

We rose and showed up at 5, just the 7 of us on this bonding exercise and drove down to the pier. We went on a charted trip with H&M Landing, military rate 55 bucks.

The sunrise off the ocean that morning was one of the most beautiful I’ve seen in years. But I’ll let you see for yourselves.









Below is my favorite picture of the day











We pulled out past Cabrillo and went north a short ways right off the coast
and after a brief instruction on how to deep sea fish.



Ahhh, coffee...

Mike's second cup before leaving the bay

I'm still not awake

We stopped and they said to drop lines. Basically, each person has a deep sea fishing pole with a 4 ounce sinker and a minnow that you hook through the upper mouth out through the top of the skull. Drop the line till it hits the bottom and yank when you get a hit or when you think you get a hit. During the morning, I had pulled in 5 fish, 4 were keepers and they were all red rockfish (which I found out later, were very good eating).

It just looks like Bud Light



Some pictures of all of us.
for good luck

And some of the fish we caught (this one was tasty)

Mike's tasted fishy, mine was way better.



He was so happy to have finally caught something that I didn't have the heart to tell him it was too small.

I thought it was going to choke on this fish



The crew cleaned the fish for us on the way back










and the seabirds went nuts, forming a chain of flying feathers on the side of the boat.









At the end of the trip, we were bushed but I had to stay strong and awake and get pictures of everyone passed out.
It was one of the best days I’ve had in a long time, it’s been a couple of years since I went fishing. I think I’ve had a long enough break from the water, H&M Landing, thanks and great job!

No comments: