Friday, January 21, 2022

a Thanksgiving tale

This story is 100% true.

One of my signature dishes is Peanut Butter Pie, the recipe is Peanut Butter Pie VIII on allrecipes dot com. It's light fluffy unusual mix of meringue and custard and a recipe that I make mixing with a blender with one hand and stirring the custard with the other. 

So one Thanksgiving, my family gets invited to a meal with one of my navy buddies, Josh, his wife Brikkie's family comes, my mother in law is there and she's allergic to peanuts so I made my peanut butter pie with cookie butter instead of peanut butter. These new people were wowing over my pie so I started explaining how I made it using cookie butter and not peanut butter due to MIL and said, I definitely didn't use duck butter. It just slipped out, the devil must have taken control of my tongue. Josh snorts and one of them asked, "what's duck butter?" And this group of somewhat total strangers pull out their phones and start searching and it was like a wave of shock and horror made a wave around the table. I should have video taped the expressions of the people looking up what the term around the turkey. 

Sorry not sorry for ruining dinner Josh, I do not belong in polite company.

No comments: