Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

Finished my Arizona tour with my son Thursday, the little rat made out like a bandit! Grandma bought him a computer and I got him a DVD player (considering how much he drives with me, it's a good deal) I called to wish my sister a Merry Christmas this morning and we were both saying "wish we got that kind of stuff when we were kids". She reminded me of how we used to get fruit and nuts in our stockings, I hadn't even thought about that in years. We were pretty poor growing up, it's almost eerie everybody in our family having money.

Scroll back a little on our life; there were 3 kids and my mom who didn't speak very good English. I remember most of my childhood staying at babysitter's houses while my mom worked two jobs. There was never extra money sitting around by the time I was 10 she had paid off her first house and sold it when I was 11 and we all moved up to Prescott Valley where she bought another house and another, and another; Eventually she sold all the property in PV to buy her restaurant. Now she's doing the buying thing in Paulden AZ and I'm pitching in money too.

Hey if it worked for an immigrant that could hardly speak English.

This time of year, remember those less fortunate and those that are far from their loved ones. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: