Saturday, August 25, 2007

Life with Gordo

My uncle from Darwin Australia, Gordo flew into San Diego on Thursday. If you’ve a long time reader, you might remember my cousin Greene from Australia. Gordo’s his dad. I saw him last in the mid ‘90’s, I was the corpsman for VMFA (AW)-242 and my squadron went down there for training in an operation called Southern Frontier. I spent 3 months of my life hanging out with him, Greene, his sister Golden, my aunt Mary and them showing me what Australia was really like. Some great memories and times, the all visited us in the states later and we went to Disneyland.

Since Gordo has arrived, I haven’t had much internet time, he’s trying to break me of my melancholy like attitude and it seems to be working. We’re going around and I’m showing him the sights. Last night we went out and watched Superbad and The Bourne Ultimatum, I think his son Greene (who’s a police officer in Darwin) would relate to Superbad quite well.

Today, we’re going to hit downtown looking for some straps for his backpack and he has never stepped foot inside of a Fry’s Electronics, sure to be a treat.

Breakfast consisted of my semi-famous dutch baby pancakes stuffed with potatoes, ham and mushrooms. Future girls in my life, expect lots of breakfast goodness, it’s nice to have someone to cook for.


No comments: