Sunday, October 05, 2008

MCAS Miramar Airshow and the people I worked with

Part of being attached to Third Marine Air Wing for a corpsman is the annual airshow work drive, last year, we ran a food booth. This year, we actually did medical coverage and I was the LPO (leading petty officer) for the Mini-ambulances on the east side of the flight line. Each year, months before October, we let everyone know that they can’t take leave during that this time period. Other units get to volunteer but we’re hosting it, so in the end, it falls back on us and the clinic. Three days of getting to work at 5:30 and getting home after dark. Saturday is even worse with the night show, I didn’t get home till 11 last night. Even with the crazy hours, I’d take working medical any day over roasting hot dogs.

We’re also supported by medical commands hundreds of miles around, without them, things could have got ugly. I took some great pictures and below are the pictures of the people I had the pleasure of working with (I told them I would post some pictures so they could get copies of them). And hopefully over the next few days, I be posting the flying pictures of the show itself.










No comments: