Monday, April 04, 2005

Visiting my future inlaws and son

Tragic and I have been on a road trip all over northern California this weekend, pulled into her dads house Saturday night. Wow, yes I picked the proper girl for me, he has roughly 4 times as many books as I do and shelving units covered with electronic gear (sort of looks like my dads house but not quite as stuffed). My first hour or so in his house I spent gawking at the walls. She's lived with someone like that all of her life and to her it looks normal, if I had searched my whole life I couldn't have found someone well groomed and trained to be with a geek like me! He's pretty cool and we share many of the same nerdy interests (scifi channel get much airtime there). Next day we went to her mom's for a family dinner with her grand parents. Her grand father is a retired Marine MSgt who made it through World War II, Korea and Vietnam. When he joined, he was making under 60 bucks a month! Her entire family is a bunch of story tellers and we went in a circle passing stories around and no hun, I wasn't bored at all.

Today I'm picking up my son Collin and will play it by ear, thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. I'm very glad to be here!

No comments: