Thursday, January 25, 2007

I was a gear head

Between my two enlistments in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman, I was a grease monkey. I did what many of these young guys do, get out and find a real job in the civilian world and in many respects I was doing alright for myself. That is until 9/11.

Suddenly the rose colored glasses I had been wearing were violently ripped from my head and I realized that my true talents were being put to waste and in reality? I wasn’t that happy, I didn’t have a great love at the time, there wasn’t anything to hold me down. Two weeks later, I was back in San Diego and getting ready for military life once again.

One good thing I got out of my foray into the mechanical field was a kick ass tool box and now for the first time, I have a garage that can hold both it and the great beast.


No comments: