Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Home in my own bed

We landed at 2 PM yesterday and drove back to San Diego, it felt great taking shower in my own bathroom and sleeping my bed. 9 o’clock I was out like a light then 4 rolls around and I’m wide awake surfing the internet and reading L.E. Modesitt’s, Colors of Chaos. Anything by L.E. Modesitt is comfort food that I can always just open up and start reading. Not that it helped me get back to sleep.

After a couple of days at the beach we stayed the night in Bangkok and Moo gave us a ride to the airport. I forgot to wear sunscreen one day, so I’m a bit fried, made it uncomfortable trying to get to sleep for the flight back, not to mention the young Chinese couple that had a 1 and 2 year old that took turns crying the entire flight. I vow to myself not to ever fly overseas with a toddler or infant unless we’re moving. Even then I’ll try not to do it.

We had a great time on the trip but it’s nice being home so we can recuperate from the vacation. We drove 4200 km’s which is equaled out to being 2310 miles for the trip. Too much driving, saw more of Thailand that anybody in their right mind would want to, it was the sample platter of the country. Next time we’re going to find a good deal on a beach place, buy some tickets for family out there to have come and visit us. Time is money and the less I spend driving, the better. Mom’s currently looking into getting a condo on some beach and that’s an even better deal.

Overall I spent around 1000 bucks for the trip, buying souvenirs, many outfits for Heather and hotel stays. Not to shabby, we came home with an extra suitcase full of goodies and clothes and left some stuff there for my mom to use. My mom covered the driver who after a couple of trips is more like family, I gave him 50 bucks in tips for keeping me alive and taking the quickest route between two points. He was also our cook when we caught fish or camped, translator of sorts to make good deals (worth his weight right there) and cool guy to hang out with. Look forward to seeing him again. (if anybody needs a driver for a vacation over there, drop me a line and I'll hook you up)

Well writing this has tired me out a wee bit (hopefully), so I’m going to try to get back to bed.

No comments: