Tuesday, January 25, 2005

day at the range

The range here at Mira Mar is a definite improvement over the one that we used at Barstow, nice heated office behind the firing line, green hills over looking everything and a computerized scoring system. It's the lap of luxury compared to what I'm used to.

I'm the medical coverage at the range today, the corpsman that was supposed to cover it has an inspection next week and could use the time getting his records ready. Since my unit isn't here and most of my work is just busy work, I don't mind covering it. I came in wearing cold weather gear expecting the usual. You know, wind, dust, cold and instead I'm in a calm balmy office with a big window! Nice.

My other half drove home this morning, had a great two weeks exploring San Diego with her. I'm sure my nieces are going to miss her, not as much as me. Drive safe hun and I can't wait till we see each other again.

My gear is packed and I'm ready to go, just waiting for my flight out. From my take of my duties this time out, it should be a calmer trip. I'll be ready for anything though. Never assume.

No comments: