Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A good day

After a week of being MIA, I came to work and my laundry was waiting at my office, kick ass! I step further in and I find out that I’m still leaving on time, pure bliss! This night is starting out just fine. Now the only issues I have are waiting at home, getting my suburban out of the shop and find a new apartment, two problems down, it's a start. Now just let the rest of the stars line up and everything should be good.

After reading my comments I realized that Hitchhiker fever never really dies down, it's like a yawn, all it takes is one person to start it and it spreads around the room. Out of the blue all the memories of the subject that we haven't drudged up in years come flowing to the surface. It's a personal state of mind that only a member of the HG2G Nerd crowd knows about, to the rest of the world thinks that Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is just a novel but to the faithful its really a religious text. No matter how far you've gone on in life it's something that you can always ground out the craziness on. When did you discover the little green guy?. Reading the comments from last nights post made me happy just to know I'm in a world where there are so many people that appreciate Douglas Adams and even more happy to know that they read my blog. True believers, they have movie in the works to be released June 3rd 2005, now where am I going to be on that date? (hopefully not in Iraq)

Answer to a few questions, I have read the Dirk Gently novels but haven't read Salmon of Doubt or Last Chance to See, they're on my reading list. Since I actually have a bit of work to do tonight, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite HG2G quotes. Take care!

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?"

"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."

"You barbarians! I'll sue the council for every penny it's got! I'l have you hung, drawn, and quartered! And whipped! And boiled...until...until...until you've had enough. And then I will do it again! And when I've finished I will take all the little bits, and I will JUMP on them! And I will carry on jumping on them until I get blisters, or I can think of anything even more unpleasant to do... "

"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have"

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"

"You can't dodge your responsibilities by saying they don't exist!"

No comments: