Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Babylon

One of the reasons that I'm excited about this trip is the Mystery. This is the cradle of civilization, Babylon one of the seven wonders of the world is out here. Flying CASEVAC and being with a unit that by nature will be all over the map could give me the chance to actually see some of these sights. So if there is any possible way, if I have to sacrifice my small ugly pinky toe, I'll find my way there. From what I've heard from other military people that came around on the first go, there were trips set up going out there. It's someplace that I've always wanted to see since I was a kid, Alexander the Great launched his empire out of this area. This area was referred to as the fertile crescent, there used to be farm land as far as eye could see, now it's just flat desert, what happened? Now's my chance to see it by a birds eye prospective and I take better pictures then the average bear, unlike the measly pictures that my friends took. Mark my words now, other then keeping my Marines and my self alive and keeping the home fires burning, Babylon here I come.