Saturday, March 13, 2004

Didn't make it out (sigh)

Wow, that was a big jump in my paycheck! All of the combat pay for the entire month of February and the tax free status kicked in today. bills are going to be caught up quick. We tried heading north today but there was an electrical problem on one of the birds, 2/3's of the unit has already arrived and from what I hear they are sleeping at the work center because the Army hasn't moved out yet. Does't look like I'm missing that much. It would have been nice to be one of the first people on deck so I could set up all the contacts with the local medical department but instead I will sit here on my thumb. I'm easy, everything with come together. It's a problem that is out of my hands.

Life for this past week has consisted of waking up, taking a shower, chow, going to the hanger, sickcall of sorts, taking pictures, chow again, hanger, back to hooch. During this time I've been stopping by the internet cafe, posting pictures, MWR tent sometimes (found the audio unabrigded version of Robert Jordan's novel New Spring, I was just going to send out for the book!), BX, reading and trying to find anything of interest to do on this base. Thanks to the family members back at Edwards, my fotopage is now #1 at fotopages.com, hopefully I'll be out of here in a couple of days and start some real work, till then it's just fun in the sun.