Saturday, February 21, 2004

Packing my bags

I've spent most of the weekend packing my bags, there's piles of clothes lying all over the house and right now I'm sitting in a laundry mat doing the mother load of all of my clothes want to make sure everything is clean before I pack it away and I still have dirty field gear. Tensions are running a bit high; I notice that I'm more snappish then usual. Sorry to people close to me for being this way. I'm trying to maintain but I can't deny the fact that I'm pretty highly wound up right now. So many things to take care of before I leave and I just keep wondering about what I'm forgetting. I didn't really have the time today but I replied to a bunch of emails anyway. And also signed my self up to Books for Soldiers and Adopt a Platoon, they offer some great free services to military folk. I'll be passing the word on to my guys.

This isn't the first time I've been sent overseas; I was with VMFA (AW)-242 a two seater (delta) F/A-18 Squadron out of El Toro. Went over twice with them, spent 3 months in Australia, couple of months in Iwakuni Japan, Okinawa and South Korea. Back in the day, delta's didn't go out to sea on their 6 month pumps, something about carrying a couple hundred pounds less fuel then the one seaters. Needless to say I had a great time, this time around there's sure to be more adventures but not likely to be as much mindless fun. Hopefully being a little bit older and wiser helps. Still think everything should be fun and as anyone that knows me, knows I'll try having fun no matter where I'm at!

No comments: