Friday, June 25, 2004

funky sleep patterns

This switching back and forth between day crew and night crew with 24 duties tossed here and there has hosed up my sleep patterns. My sleep won't seem won't regulate it self into a normal 8 hour sleep cycle right now. I'm catching 2-3 hour catnaps at odd times, 3-6 in the morning and 2-5 in the afternoon, sometimes a little longer or shorter, even if I skip the one at night, I only sleep the 2-3 hours in the day. I don't seem really tired but sleep seems to be getting less important. I would like to blame it on stress or excess caffeine I think I've just lost touch with the regular rotation of the planet. I don't seem to pay attention to whether it's day or night anymore. Couple of people are like me now too, doesn't really seem to affect us but we can't seem to sleep 8 hours in a row. My afternoon naps for the last week have all been cut short by vivid dreams, not nightmares really, I've started a dream journal to keep track of them, might open up another blog on just my dreams. But I'm not going to write about it here because I don't want to mix the two up and have everybody think I'm a nut, which I am sometimes but that's besides the point.

Anyway if any of you are watching the news, there seems to be some sort of action happening everywhere, how is this affecting us? We're just prepared for most anything but we're sort of isolated so we don't have much personal contact with the bad guys. Hope it quiets down and everyone is bored playing video games at home. That would make me happy, can't we just all get along?

No comments: