Sunday, December 19, 2004

Free for a month

I'm home in Seligman Arizona with my son Collin, just got done with my mom's annual Christmas party which went well, who turns down free food? As usual the women got tipsy on wine, the men told war stories and I added a few words of my own. Some good fellowship, it's a small town with some great people. They've always shown great support to the sons and daughters that they're sending out to the military. Couple of weeks ago I received 50 or so Christmas cards from people that live around here!

Thanks everyone, it made my day.

So at the party we're all sitting around eating, I'm deep in the middle of some war story when I hear from behind me my son saying to my mom, "Grandma, do you know that dad's new girlfriend has pink hair?"

Huh? My head turns around,

My mom looks over at me with a question mark look in her eyes and I say "Her name is ****** and she does have pink hair and she's great."

Then the little rat pulls out a picture and passes it over!

She smiled and said, "I'm sure I'll get along with her great too."

Whew. Went over much smoother then I had planned it.

To my family that could be reading this, don't worry! I'll beat him where it doesn't show up in the pictures (just kidding! I don't hit kids, specially my own, plus this is just another sign that he must be my son, stop grinning you evil boy!!! hah). And yes the above is true and she's wonderful, expect to hear about her more.

*The wording above has been edited for length and to protect the innocent, since it's only my moms opinion that I was worried about that's the only one I'm writing about. My project is to get them used to the idea of her before I bring her home, yes it will happen!

Also need to add a word of thanks to Won, she said some great words of support about my now not so secret girlfriend and but the real thanks goes for paving the tolerance to these folk from the sticks. With an odd ball like her doing that, it's helped the locals see the world through a new set of eyes and be accepting of my new girlfriend.

As you can tell, I'm not much for judging a book by it's cover.

Taking Collin to his other grandmother's house tomorrow and planning on spending the day just visiting friends around town. This will be the last time I'll be up here before April so I might as well make the best of it.

Is it really less then one week?

No comments: