Monday, February 07, 2005

Sorta wet

First time I'm out without my gortex jacket and it starts raining cats and dogs which soon turned into hail. Brrrrr! Then we had to stand in a huge line in front of the chow hall. Sigh! At least it was warm inside. Have been spending most of my time getting introduced to the medical elements around base and seeing what has changed (not much except the security is better), planning on visiting the unit that replaced my old one in the next couple of days. Just getting back in the swing of things.

The Super Bowl was on last night at 2 AM, I haven't been following football at all this year so I didn't bother getting up for it (I know Tammi and Holly it's un-American not to watch the Super Bowl, sorry!). Yes it was showing all over base and many people did watch it. Currently our medical is on a 3 section duty, one guy stays the night here every third day. After the other corpsman leave, I'll probably be up here on a full time basis. I'm only here for a couple of months so it's not that big of a deal plus I'll have a room all to myself and don't have to worry about the hassle of roommates.

No comments: