Thursday, May 26, 2005

Life, the Universe and Everything

Life has been a whorl wind the last few weeks, moved into my new house, had a house warming party the weekend following, of course there are pictures on the fotopage, just haven’t had much time to write. Have been busy but it’s a good busy. Making arrangements for the upcoming wedding, unpacking the house, spending time with my intended. Not to mention photographing a wedding, going to the Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday concert.

When there is this much stuff happening in my life, I’m starting to realize that the internet is a fairly solitary place. While it is shrinking the world, the computer screen becomes the window that you’re experiencing life through. I was starting to develop tunnel vision about the size of a 17 inch laptop screen. I’ve spent much of the last few weeks disconnected out of choice, stepping back and taking a deep breath. Know what? I’m finding that I like it.

So what have I done the last few weeks…

Back in a past life, I used to work with Rick Burch of Jimmy Eat World and have been going to their shows going on 6 years before they were much more then a garage band, wow, it’s been a few years since I’ve seen him play, he was alright before but now he rocks!

I liked Star Wars and it was a good finish to the series, while not an earth shaking movie, it went well into episode 4. Much better then the last 2 George.

One of my coworkers needed a photographer for his wedding on sort of short notice, so I spent a Saturday afternoon taking pictures and eating his food. Was going to charge him and he was willing to pay then changed my mind and just gave him the pictures for a wedding present. Afterwards Tragic and I went to Torry Pines Beach and I used her as my model for some sunset pictures. I’m still flabbergasted on how much I’m in love with this girl and how much she’s in love with me. Me dorky me!

The new house is beautiful, flowers all around, 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths and now filled with furniture. All of my books are even up, couple of weeks ago I went to an estate sale and the guy running it was practically throwing everything out, he said anything not nailed down was for sale. Found a 10 foot long 6 and a half foot high bookshelf for 40 bucks. Can beat that with a stick. Now I have room for all of my books for the first time in my life.

House warming party was mostly coworkers and wives, went well, they were impressed with the house and my curry. Had Chief on the grill and cold brews all around. Good time all around.

This weekend I’ll be flying up for Tragic’s Graduation from San Jose State and seeing my son who also happens to live up there. I’m sure it’s going to be a great weekend. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend everybody and don’t forget the reasons behind the holiday.

No comments: