Thursday, June 23, 2005

Milblogger down

Fellow milblogger Chuck who’s Blog “From My Position… On the Way” was hit by shrapnel from an IED a couple of days ago, he’s injured, missing his left pinky and has nerve damage to his right hand plus it sounds like a liberal peppering of the rest of his body. His sense of humor is still intact though, the first thing he asked was "Be honest with me, guys. Do I still have my face and my 'package'?" He’s the second milblogger that I know of that’s been injured by an IED, Sgt Lizzie was hit back in December and is now mostly recovered but she had to get a new set of front teeth. Every once and a while she’ll write about how some old injury is affecting her today.

For me, this is the real reason to have a blog in the Military. If something were to happen, instead of fading away, we have left a mark for the rest of the world to see that will carry on long after we’re gone. Go over and wish him well and include him in your prayers tonight.

No comments: