Sunday, July 10, 2005

Everyone needs a library

I’ve been stuck with a meme by exfbonnie of Punkrock Mommy, I normally avoid these things like the plague but considering how many books I own, I'd start feeling guilty if I didn't take part.

1. Number of books you own: about 1500 or so (yes I’m a reading fool), science fiction and fantasy takes up the bulk but there are a 50 or so cook books, maybe a hundred do it your self help type books (auto, woodworking, tile, painting, electrical, blah blah blah), 20 or so medical, another 20 military stuff (history, study guides), school stuff (physics, math), 200 or so regular fiction and some horror mixed in.

2. Last book bought: The Companions by Sheri S. Tepper

3. Last book I read: Aftermath by Charles Sheffield

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:

Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon
Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
Armor by John Steakley
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Rules explicitly stated by Punk Rock Mommy:

I have to tag 5 other blogging folk. Those pals have to copy the questions I've answered and reply their responses to the four questions on their blog. Maybe I’ll get one or two. Let’s see, who do I know out there that are readers...

Of course I’m going to have to pick on my future bride, Tragic, she needs to get her books back in some sort of order (practice for your future dear!) She has quite a collection. Got to add Tammi to get her mind off that Dennis dude who’s stalking her dreams. Gamer, who I know you must have a good book collection. Da Goddess, you’re a local and I’ve always wanted to pick your brain, and finally.. Mrs Smash, I know it a rare event to see a meme at the trusted and true Smash site but we've all curious about what kind of stuff you have on your shelves.

No comments: