Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Blame it on the bride

For she started me watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and instead of dishing out bloggie goodness, I’ve been watching one episode after another of BtVS. Well that is when we weren’t traveling up to northern California to go to a wedding over the Memorial Day holiday and visiting San Francisco. Just finished the series a couple of days ago and have since been on an anticlimactic fugue. Nice job Joss.

We went to Golden Gate park on our San Francisco trip, it’s the first time I’ve been up there since I was 2 or 3. San Jose was a nice and sunny 80 degrees and as soon as we went over the hilltop to go down into San Fran and the temperature dropped 25 degrees. As Mark Twain said, the coldest winter he ever spent was summer in San Francisco. I believe him, it was chilly.

My first class crow was pinned on last Friday by my wife and I’ve spent most of this week getting used to saying HM1 Dustman. Other then the trip, helping my old roommate James move his stuff into storage and watching Buffy…

Well I was about to say my life has been mellow but in reality, I’ve been fairly busy learning the new duties that come with the rank. It sounds like I’m getting promoted into a different deployment then the one I expected, not sure if it’s longer or not yet.

Here’s a picture of the pinning

No comments: