Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kuwaiting Take 8

Once again I’m hanging out in this hot and sandy place, we flew in early one morning and I said to Swear, “it’s not too bad today” and he replied with “it’s only 8:30 in the morning” and I said “Oh”. One of my Marines had injured their back during the unloading process so I made a trip over to medical where they kindly provided some medical care and on my dime, I took her over to Taco Bell for the first time in 6 months. Who knew Taco Bell would taste so good?

Got back to the barracks and crashed out due to the lack of sleep I’ve had over the last couple of weeks only to wake in a blast furnace. The power had gone off and it felt like it was 140 degrees inside and I crawled out into the 117 degree day and it was cooler out there. To think, there are people live like that all of the time. I had it good.
I’m watched black market DVD of Hancock and the dog on the movie looked like my dog Gatsby. The movie didn’t get great reviews but I liked it, far from perfect people with some incredible powers. I’m into a complex storyline that makes you fill in the blanks and has a potential for a lot more.

I think there’s a conspiracy against the Marines who come though Kuwait, for some reason on every one of my trips out here, they stick us as far from the chow hall as you can be and still be on base or at least putting the chow hall at the opposite side of the base from us. I think I would have lost a lot more weight if I was stationed here. It’s sort of like purgatory, considering all of the people in the bible were from places like this, they must have known what they were talking about.

Today I woke up around 10 (yay!) and went to chow at noon, then was going over to the internet café and there was a line and next door I saw a sign for wireless internet and it was 4 bucks a day and I was on that like white on rice and started walking back to the barracks but it was so hot that I had to make a pit stop at the Rec center and watched The Fifth Element and downed 4 bottles of water.

Then back to the barracks where I wrote this. Sounds like I’ll be back home before too long.

No comments: