Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am the proud parent of a Canon 7d

As most of my readers know, I'm a picture taking fool and it's something I deeply enjoy doing. In a couple of years, I'm going to have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I enjoy seeing life through a lens and when I can, putting it down in written form. Last week I took a step towards the rest of my life by sinking a great wad of cash into this camera, a Canon 7d.

my new baby
While I'm an alright Corpsman, I have a bug inside of me that forces me to document everything, lay it all out on film or write stories about it. Four trips to Iraq, 40 thousand pictures and 200 gigs of personally taken video say something, that there is something wrong with me, I'm a picture hoarder. At least with the advent of digital media all it takes is a fairly cheap hard drive to hold all of my passion in (and lots of back ups).


picture taken with the 7d at the doggie park
But eventually I want to make something of that photo bug that tosses and turns inside of me and buying this camera is a step in that direction. 3 years from now, I'll need to find a new job, something to keep food on the table, roof over my head, kibble for the mutts and my wonderfully beautiful wife in hair dye and cute shoes. Might as well do that by doing something that I love.

No comments: