Saturday, January 13, 2007

This is something that will never happen to a single guy.

My wife was taking a shower last night when a Costco sized bottle of shampoo fell from a fall of 6 or so feet and landed on her foot (this is not something which would ever happen to a single guy, they would never buy a monster sized bottle of shampoo, not only are they dangerous it would take years to use and if you happen to find one in the shower of a single military guy, it means he has a girlfriend who takes showers there and if you’re his girlfriend and it’s not yours, well…). She yelled and I rushed in to rescue her, got her out of the shower then had to put her back in to condition her hair. Being the medical fellow that I am, I examined the injury and decided it could go either direction. Its a type of injury which does cause quite a few fractures (not from shampoo bottles, usually weights or tools dropped on the foot). So it would be best if I brought her to the ER at Balboa.

The friendly medical staff x-rayed it and pronounced her bone unbroken. Just soft tissue damage, we were out of there in 2 hours with a set of crutches (new record). Perhaps they know that I’m publishing reviews of their services online and recognized the florescent locks of my brides hair?

Anyhow, today is going to be a lazy Saturday, hanging out and doing the final touches on the house.

No comments: