Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I’ll be making a road trip to Arizona over the weekend and wanted to share a few things I am thankful for this holiday.

First off, I’m very thankful for my awesome wife. She has filled my life with wonder and joy, I don’t even know how I even survived before I met her. Each morning I wake up just to look at her for a minute and thank god for bringing her in my life (except for the other night when she tripped over that box in the middle of the night which made a huge racket and almost scared me out of my skin)

Second I would like to thank my very supportive family and friends who have stuck with me through thick and thin. Sometimes I wonder how I lucked out having such cool relatives (including my new ones on the wife’s side). I look forward to the fine fellowship we will be sharing this weekend.

Third, the brothers and sisters who have been on these globe hopping journeys with me and have put their lives on the line on my behalf, thank you. A little blood, quite a few beers, lot of sweat and much dust, each day we go forth and make history; one day in a far off future, historians will lay judgment on our work.

And finally thank you my readers who have stuck with me over the past 22 months, I know my politics are ambiguous at best, my writing mostly poor and my life lacking in any sort of excitement lately, thank you for sticking with me. Two hundred thousand plus visitors! This up coming spring, I’ll be journeying out to spend my third Easter in a row far far from home. I didn’t sign up to fight wars but I put my name on the dotted line to save lives and when my Marines go into harms way, believe me I’ll be there with them (keeping of course!)

Have a great turkey day everyone and be thankful for what you have.

No comments: