Friday, November 04, 2005

Project Valour-IT is back in time for Veterans Day

Notice there’s a HUGE button on the top of my sidebar. The lovely Mrs. Smash is leading the fund raising drive for the Navy Team and we’re blowing all of the other services (scroll down to the bottom to see the current numbers) out of the water which I think is odd considering Army milblogs out number the Navy 6 to 1. If you haven’t read up on Project Valour-IT, they provide voice recognition laptops to troops who have lost use of their hands in combat. Veteran’s Day is coming up, let these Vet’s know that we haven’t forgotten about them. It's a tax-deductible donation and eligible for employer matching funds.

Greyhawk has the numbers, a post everyone should read (even though he's leading the Air Force team)

Matt from Blackfive is leading the huge Army team

Holly Aho is leading the Marines which I almost joined but that would look bad because I'm still a squid

Lex wants your five dollars

Donors may also send in donations to:

Soldiers AngelsValour-IT Fund
1792 East Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104

Good cause and I know I would like to have a voice activated laptop if I get my hands chopped off on my next trip out there!

Update Saturday night (it's my birthday too!)

Sgt Hook is going to needs 2 dollars from everyone if he plans on closing the 1200 dollar gap with the Navy. And the Marine team isn't above using bribery! I'm going to go pop some meds and hit the sack, have a good weekend!

No comments: