Monday, March 20, 2006

Caught up with an old friend

It’s a small world, an old corpsman buddy of mine, HM2 Peter Gutierrez, found his way here from an old news story about me and now has a blog of his own. I've been wondering what had happened to him all of these years. If you’re interested in what’s happening in Camp Lemonier, Djibouti on the Horn of Africa, he tells a great tale. We went out on our first deployment together as young HN’s in the mid nineties. Back in the day, he was always up for joining me on any of my wacky adventures and a willing partner for all sorts in interesting trouble. Rappelling off of? Roller hockey? Cave exploring? Down hill extreme rollerblading on one lane Japanese roads? Now that I think about it, we're lucky to be alive. Many stories, some of which should stay safely buried Pete!

Look forward to catching up in person when we both come home from our separate deployments.

No comments: