Saturday, March 25, 2006

out of the blue

It’s been a strange week, I’ve been hearing from important people in my life whom I haven’t heard from in years. Pete from the prior post and my best friend from high school, Justin. Figures this would happen right before my next Iraqi adventure, it’s been great catching up. Justin was my brother from another mother and a decade ago, we lost touch. Many bit and stories that make me the person that I am were intertwined in his life and Larry’s (my other best friend). Together, we had a blessed coming of age and some of our adventures will still be told when we’re in nursing homes.

I’m happy with the people we’ve grown up to be, Larry’s a great dad, Justin’s an RN and I’m just happy to know I have people like these in my life. Even with going to Iraq shortly, I know I have web of support of people that care about me and have stuck with me through the years.

Thanks.

No comments: