Monday, March 13, 2006

One of my last weekends here

My roommate James has just returned from his 6 month deployment to Japan and I’m in my final days before my newest Iraqi adventure. It has been a good weekend, my new computer came in on Friday, an HP Pavilion dv5000z (MCE) with a 2.0GHZ Turion processor.

My first take, very sleek, I’ve been typing unplugged an hour and a half and it still has half of its power. Lighter then my Toshiba, screen and sound are years ahead and it has a 100 gig hard drive gives me a bit more room. My only problem so far is that it doesn’t seem to like my 250 gig Simple Tech hard drive, a after a couple of minutes of working, it develops an error in reading information. Not sure why. After I ran it through the USB hub and it worked fine, no worries I guess.

My gear is packed up and I’m dotting all of the i’s and crossing all of the t’s. Emails of support are already coming in, thanks Josh, Linda, Debbie, Vicki and Deborah. Plus the numerous other usual suspects, you know who you are. Well I’m off to bed, have a great night everyone.

No comments: