Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Milblog Conference

Andi opened up the milblog conference with this statement, “The next guest speaker was sort of a shot in the dark, let me present The President of the United States”. Laughing and giggling erupted because we all thought she was joking until…

Well it was definitely an eye opener, I took a video of the speech but this one looks better (thanks Gateway Pundit!). It’s surprising who is reading what we put out. Thank you, Sir, for taking time out of your schedule to talk to us.

Other news, I was on the first panel called From the Front along with Matt of Blackfive, Bill Ardolino of INDC Journal, Bill Roggio of the Forth Rail and Jim of Sgt Hook. I was the babe of the bunch and looking around at all of these “famous” people, I felt a little out of my depth. Even so, I think I held my own and according to the crowd, my nervousness wasn’t showing at all.

After leaving that, we all went out and talked to a reporter from CNN (watch tomorrow the 6th between 4 and 6) and a couple of other publications, New York Observer, Time, Pentagon Channel, AOL, Fox, Wired and a couple of others, had another talk with the Washington Post (good luck with the story Nikki).

All of this media caused me to miss much of the “All in the Family” With Andi of Andi’s World (great job Andi!), Rachelle of ArmyWifeToddlerMom (very cool meeting you!), Sarah of Trying To Grok, Becky of Military Families Voices of Victory and Carla of Some Soldier’s Mom (hi Mom!).

More later, check out Mudville, they have a live feed

or talk live to the with the live chat.

No comments: